Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Horrorfest 2017: Torso

Here's another disappointment from Tarantino's list of favorites, another Italian slasher, this time called TORSO. Directed by Sergio Martino and released in 1973, this one's not as outright bad as SLAUGHTER HOTEL, but it wasn't that great either.

This time we've got Suzy Kendall as a college student who retreats to a villa outside of town when she becomes the target of the local serial killer who's knocking off her friends.

Unfortunately, the killer simply follows her (and her friends) to the villa and gets right back to the serial killing.

There is one sort of interesting moment where you get a glimpse in the killer's psyche and see the moment from his childhood that turned him into a misogynistic killer. But that's about it.

I kept my eye out for any influences Tarantino might have latched onto but then my eyes glazed over and I became incapable of rational thought.

Apparently Sergio Martino also made some better examples of this genre, so I guess I should check those out one of these days. Horrorfest 2018, anyone?




No comments:

Post a Comment