Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My Chair & Me

Today at work I noticed the left arm of my chair was loose. The maintenance guy came over to adjust it. I watched him work on it for a moment or two and then decided I might as well just go on my break.

When I came back from my break my chair was nowhere to be found. Turns out the maintenance guy had decided it was beyond repair and had taken it away.

I went into an empty office and perused the chairs no one was using, and took one back to my desk, hopefully temporarily. It does not make me feel like Captain Kirk when I sit in it, and that is my first criteria for a chair.

As I sat in the temporary chair, I felt empty. I didn't even get to say goodbye to my old chair. It was as if I had taken a beloved pet to the vet for a minor illness only to find out later that the vet had decided to put my pet down without asking me first.

So, if your chair has a minor problem, don't ask anyone to fix it. If you do, make sure you monitor them the whole time.

Otherwise they might kill your pet.

No comments:

Post a Comment