Saturday, December 4, 2010

Mirror, mirror

There's an alternate universe out there that consists of stuff I almost wrote on this blog and then decided not to for whatever reason. I'm reminded of this fact every time I go to edit a post I've just written. A big list of posts comes up and it includes the ones I started but never published, and in some cases never finished. They're always things I totally forgot about.

Anyway, here's a list of things I almost wrote about but then didn't:


1.) My love of Jim Henson, George Lucas and Steven Spielberg as a kid -- three white dudes with beards.
2.) How I always thought Duckie from PRETTY IN PINK was a homosexual individual, so it surprised me there was an alternate ending where he hooked up with Molly Ringwald.
3.) How much I loved getting my wisdom teeth out, thanks to drugs.
4.) More small talk at the u-scan, this time about the check out clerk getting dumped by his girlfriend.
5.) More stuff about JON & KATE PLUS 8, this time about how I saw a promo where Kate harshly scolded her kids for using the word "paparazzi" (really, Kate?).
6.) The making of the (never finished) VIVA EL DIABLO POLLO trilogy
7.) People (including me) mistaking other bands for Nirvana

As I read these over, I kind of love all of them. I wonder why I didn't hit "publish post"? Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment