Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Babies do not like intense violence or explosions.

As I was walking into the theater to watch TERMINATOR: SALVATION, a large family made up of a variety of children and adults were blocking the door and aisle, trying to decide where to sit.  The middle was pretty full.  The left side?  The right side?

I strategically stayed back, waiting to see where they would go, so I could sit far away from them.  After all, the youngest kid was still in a stroller, and that meant as soon as the explosions and intense violence started, the kid would start screaming.

But, they beat me.  Guess how?  For some reason, one half of the family decided to sit on the right hand side of the theater and the other decided to sit on the left.  I was fucked.

As I sat listening to their baby cry, I wondered what would possess them to split up.  Then it occurred to me that maybe one half of the family didn't want to sit near the baby.  I can't blame them.


No comments:

Post a Comment