Monday, May 11, 2009

Jon & Monster Plus 8 Exploited Kids


Looks like Jon is finally cheating on that monster Kate.

In case you're wondering who these people are, they're the stars of the reality show "Jon & Kate Plus 8."  The show is about Jon and Kate, who are parents to a set of twins and a set of sextuplets, which adds up to 8 kids.  The reason they have 8 kids is because Kate underwent fertility treatments not just for the twins, but again to have even more kids.  Oops.  She had a million of 'em.

I first became exposed to this family when I was attempting to sleep in one weekend.  I heard what sounded like 8 kids screaming in my living room.  Not having 8 kids, I wandered out to see what the Christ was going on.  My girlfriend at the time was watching "Jon & Kate Plus 8."  So, we didn't have 8 kids, but it was the next worst thing.

Like most reality shows, if it's on in the background enough, I eventually get sucked in and start watching, and I became fascinated with what a monster Kate appeared to be.  Admittedly, she's pissed off all the time because she's surrounded by 8 screaming kids -- who wouldn't be?  Then again, some of us have the sense not to have 8 screaming kids because we realize we'd turn into monsters if we did.

The monster, Kate, routinely verbally berated her husband, Jon, who just sat there and took it.  She was also fond of hitting him on occasion.  Again, Jon just sat there and took it, his hairline receding more and more as the episodes went on.

Meanwhile, the 8 kids were exploited.

Anyway, rumors are finally surfacing that Jon has had it, and I don't blame him.  I feel bad for those 8 kids, but I felt bad for them even before the rumors were circulating, so I guess I feel the same as I always felt.

Still, I felt an odd petty sense of satisfaction when I saw Jon and Kate's put-upon faces staring back at me from an issue of USWeekly in the grocery line, Kate's dumb short hair cut with the mom-spikes in the back looking as monstery as ever, Jon's lifeless dead eyes screaming out in pain.

I guess that odd petty sense of satisfaction is not something to be proud of, but then again, at least I'm not cheating on my wife -- or verbally abusing my husband -- or exploiting 8 kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment