Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Death of Chandler

I had a dream the other night that I was watching an episode of FRIENDS. It was the first episode of a new season. For some reason, Chandler was unemployed and homeless. The other friends went to visit Chandler where he was temporarily living, in a big, junk-filled post apocalyptic wasteland.

Ross made an inappropriate joke about how he had just eaten and he was already hungry. Chandler shot back that he was REALLY starving. Awkward. After this, the friends went on their way.

The next day, they received a letter or something (I'm a little unclear on this) informing them that Chandler had died from starvation and exposure overnight. That's weird, I thought to myself. Kill Chandler off in the first episode of a new season. That's season finale type stuff.

The remaining "friends" went to visit his campsite in the garbage heap and found a stereo sitting there. For some reason, this stereo triggered a flashback for Monica.

At this point the episode flashed back to the early days of the show and showed how Monica first met Chandler. Somehow it involved the stereo, I can't remember how. Everyone looked super awkward like everything did in the early 90s when everyone still thought it might be the 80s.

Joey showed up, and had a dumb hair style.

"Woa," the person I was watching the show with said. "Joey's hair looks dumb."

Then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment