Thursday, June 25, 2009

My fake girlfriend

Today, I decided I'd make up a fake girlfriend and then tell everyone at work about her.

But, before I could do that, I shot myself in the foot by explaining my plan to everyone at work.

"Let's try it out," Julie said. "What's her name?"

"Veronica," I said.

"What color is her hair?"

"Uh. . ., " I said. It was a difficult question. "Black," I finally said. "I'll make her Asian. I've never dated an Asian before."

"Hmm, an Asian named Veronica, huh?" Julie asked.

"Did I say Asian?" I asked. "I meant Hispanic."

"Okay, what did you do on your first date?" Julie asked.

"I don't know," I said. "This is hard. I'm changing my mind. I don't want a fake girlfriend anymore."

"Did you have sex on the first date?" Julie asked.

"Yes," I said. "In her mansion."

"What room?" Julie asked.

"The billiard room," I said.

"On the pool table?" Julie asked.

"Yes," I said.

Eventually I had to elaborate on how anti-social Veronica is, and how she gets drunk and tries to start fights, so I was hesitant to introduce her to any friends. I got lazy and ran out of things to make up, so I finally admitted I was lying.

"Look, her name's not Veronica and she's not Hispanic and we didn't have sex on a pool table," I said. "Her name's Angela."

"What's she do for a living?" Julie asked.

"She a bartender," I said.

"What bar?" Julie asked. "I'll go visit."

"Uh, she WAS a bartender in LA," I said. "She just moved here. She doesn't have a job here, yet." Then I thought better and said, "You know what, I'm lying again."

It's hard to make up girlfriends.

No comments:

Post a Comment