Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Age When Nothing Fits

Hey! It's 1/11/11. There hasn't been this many ones since. . . 1/11/01, I guess? I wonder what I was doing on 1/11/01. I just checked my college journal and there is no 1/11/01 entry, but there is one for 1/17/01. So here it is! It's called:

THE AGE WHEN NOTHING FITS

I got pulled over the other day for the first time ever. Levi and I were on our way to see the new Coen brothers flick and I was going 61 in a 45.

The cop asked me for my license, registration and proof of insurance. I forget my license all the time, so luckily I happened to have it on me. I dug the other two items out of the glove box where my responsible mother had put them.

Anyway, he took my stuff and went off to that little computer in his car and looked me up, I guess.

"You won't get a ticket," Levi said.

"How do you know?" I asked.

"Because you've never been pulled over before and you have a clean record, so the cop will give you a warning," Levi explained.

Sure enough, the cop came back and said, "I'll give you one chance not to get a ticket."

"Okay," I said.

"Promise not to speed from now on."

"Okay." Phew.

I've decided I think Humphrey Bogart might be my favorite actor. William Holden is also one of my favorites. I guess it stands to reason I should love that movie SABRINA since they're both in it, along with the super hot Audrey Hepburn. I guess I'll rent that again so I can refresh my memory.

I think it has been record time since I've written in here. For some reason I sometimes just can't bring myself to do it. I don't know what it is. When I get in that no-entry mood, it's tough to shake. I guess I'm just at odds with writing in general at this point.

I finished reading HUNGER by Knut Hamsun. It was really good. A quick read. Maybe some day I'll be a poverty ridden bum like the guy in HUNGER. Wouldn't that be the life.

Richard Dreyfuss is a good actor, too. But not in his recent retarded movies. I mean like in his real movies like JAWS and CLOSE ENCOUNTERS. Someone should put him in a good movie and save his career. Him and Diane Keaton. They deserve to be saved.

I think I'm getting fat. I don't want to get fat, but at the same time I don't want to alter any of my habits or put any effort into exercising. I guess it could be worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment