Saturday, April 11, 2009

Another Man's Testes

I was at the Doug Fir taking a piss when the dude pissing next to me spoke up.

"Dude, you know what sucks?" he said.

"What?" I asked, always ready for hilarious urinal talk.

"Getting hit with an AMT," he said.

What's an AMT, I wondered?  But, I didn't dare betray my ignorance.  So, instead, I chuckled knowingly and said, "Yeah."

A silence ensued while we both continued to pee.  I frantically tried to think what an AMT could be.  Was he making a direct reference to me or something I had done?  Or was he just making small talk out of nowhere?  I tried to think of what those letters could stand for. 

Another Man's Testes?

I looked at the posters on the wall, hunting for a clue, wondering if he was referring to something that was right in front of me.  I saw nothing obvious.

The dude finished peeing and moved to the sink to wash his hands.

"Do you know what I'm talking about?" he asked.

"No," I admitted.  In a urinal bonding experience it's one thing to answer honestly when openly asked, but another to volunteer ignorance.

"Alternative Minimum Tax," he said, as I finished and went to the sink next to him.

"Oh," I said, chuckling knowingly again even though I still didn't understand what he was talking about.

"It sucks," he said.

"All taxes suck," I replied, a good contribution to the conversation given that I had no what I was talking about.

"Here I thought the government owed me $30,000," he said.

Oh.  I get it, I thought.  Now I know what's really going on.

Doug Fir + Openly discussing how wealthy you are in a bathroom with a stranger = douche baggery.

"Then they hit me with the AMT," he said.  "Now I owe them $9,000."

"That sucks," I said.

"So, if anyone asks you what sucks," he said, heading out the door, "tell them getting hit with the AMT sucks."

Then he was gone.  But the douche chills remained.



1 comment:

  1. American Millionaire Tax? What a dbag.

    Shannon W.

    ReplyDelete