Saturday, April 25, 2009

The truth about holding doors

Today, as I was leaving a building, an old man was holding the door and allowing his equally old wife to walk through.

I stepped to one side to allow his wife through, as well.

When the old man saw me waiting, he continued holding the door and said, "Come on through young man!"

So, I said thanks and went through.  As I did he chuckled to himself and said, "Young men need help, too."

"Fuck you, old man," I thought as I walked into the parking lot.  "YOU'RE the one who needs help."

A few hours later, I was leaving the Bagdad theater and held the door for a woman who turned out to be Janeane Garofalo.

"Aw, thank you!" she said.

"You're welcome," I said.

"Fuck you," she probably thought.  "YOU'RE the one who's welcome."

No comments:

Post a Comment