Friday, April 24, 2009

Missed connections

I've been reading the missed connections on Craig's List out of boredom. I'm not really looking for anyone who may have missed a connection with me. In fact, I prefer to read the M4W posts. For months I've been hoping to find a post about someone I know, or at least know of. Like one of my friends, a waitress somewhere, someone I work with.

I always wonder, does anyone ever find out about their missed connection? I mean, I guess some people must accidentally run across them, but what are the odds the exact person you're trying to reach will ever read your post?

If you're not familiar with a missed connection, it's a type of personal ad where you try too hook up with someone you passed on the street or had a brief meeting with, usually who you don't know anything about, which is why you can't simply call them or ask a friend about them.

Anyway, the other day, my dream finally came true, when I read a missed connection from some dude aimed at one of the waitresses at the Moon and Sixpence, an establishment which I frequent.

I'm pretty sure I know which waitress he's talking about, but there are only a few of them and I'm familiar with all of them, so I feel like I've accomplished my goal of finally finding a missed connection about someone I know.

Now all I have to do is go to the bar and tell all the waitresses.

The conversation will go like this:

Me: Hey, I think I read a missed connection about you the other day on Craig's List.

Waitress: Really? What did it say?

Me: Some dude said he was sitting at a table alone, reading and writing, and talked to a dark haired waitress with a feather necklace about "old music" whatever that means.

Waitress: Hmm.

Me: He said he was new in town and wanted to hang out. Do you remember that guy?

Waitress: Yeah. He was creepy. Do you want another beer?

Me: Yes, please.

And that's why you should never post a missed connection.

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment