Friday, February 28, 2020

Romancefest 2020: Mr. Right


-->
Written by Max Landis. Directed by Paco Cabezas. Starring Sam Rockwell, Anna Kendrick, Tim Roth and James Ransone. USA, 2016.

After she catches her boyfriend cheating, a quirky girl ends up in a relationship with a hitman on the run – only she doesn’t realize he’s a hitman at first.

Normally I’m sick of this cavalier killer stuff – when I was a kid I thought making comedies where hitmen casually kill people was the height of cool but now that I’m an old man I usually get preoccupied with just how awful it would be to either be a killer, or be friends with one, or be in love with one, or be the victim of one, to the point where the movie turns me off. This time around, for whatever reason, it worked, I guess probably because Sam Rockwell and Anna Kendrick are irresistible.

No comments:

Post a Comment